Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Printed Page: How an Arch Digest Editor Decorates a Pad for Arch Digest

Friday, August 16, 2013, by Amy Schellenbaum

item6.rendition.slideshowWideVertical.mota-09-ad-editor-carlos-mota-bedroom.jpgPhoto by Roger Davies/Arch Digest

This month's Architectural Digest has a look inside the Manhattan apartment of the magazine's own international style editor Carlos Mota, a stylist ("I had no formal training") whose penchant for "more crazy, more messy, more unexpected" translates easily into his own cramped, glammy interiors. While the master bedroom boasts an elephant bust that may or may not be made of aluminum foil and a bird cage occupied by fake avians, the living room has got tufted couches in silver velvet and avocado green silk carpeting. "I like color. I like to combine looks and periods. I don't like just any one style," he told AD. "I hate the word eclectic, so maybe I should call my look globally chic."


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment