Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Smart Organizing: Keep Things Where You'll Use Them

Smart Organizing: Keep Things Where You'll Use Them

The idea behind this post sounds like a no-brainer, but sometimes it can take a while to really be aware of your habits and needs. My ironing board, a simple thing, is the perfect example.

The washer and dryer are on the second floor of my row house, and my bedroom is on the third floor. For nearly two years, my ironing board lived near the former, on the inside of my laundry closet door. I guess I associated clean clothes with pressed ones, and there the board stayed. 

Then, a week or so ago, I was standing in front of my closet trying to decide what to wear to work, and I realized how silly I'd been. (I'm pretty sure my palm went to my forehead.) I moved the board, iron, and spray bottle to inside my bedroom closet door; now that I don't have to run between floors to iron, I already do this simple task much more often. and have also have been tapping into a lot more of my wardrobe. Success!

Has this ever happened to you?

(Image: Kim R. McCormick)


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment