Total Pageviews

Monday, May 7, 2012

Print Power: Modern Flowers in Kids Rooms

Flowers are generally not thought of as modern or particularly cool. They're a throwback to a Victorian Era of inhibiting dicta and rules, right? Well, I love 'em, always have. It's not always easy to embrace the "girly" when writing for a forward-thinking design site. So when I drummed up the idea to do a roundup of floral rooms, I feared how it might get received. Evidently rightly so. "There are few things that I hate more than floral print and/or ruffles," wrote a commenter on yesterday's shower curtain roundup. Yikes.

And then I searched our archives. How wrong was my perception. These flowers have serious power, y'all. The use of this classic motif here is fresh and free. One room even belongs to a sole boy, who, yes, has forward-thinking parents. Flowers in children's rooms are modern again.

Enjoy.

TOP ROW:
1. Junie's Scandi-Style Room
2. My Room: Felicity
3. My Room: Sullivan
4. My Room: Uggie
5. Maya's Room

BOTTOM ROW:
6. My Room: Baby Z
7. My Room: Bunny
8. Meg's Room for Three
9. Remy's Fantastic Floral Nursery
10. My Room: Jane Elizabeth

(Images credited in original posts)


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment