Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sadie's Grey, Chartreuse & Pink Charmer My Room

Name: Sadie
Location: Studio City, CA

I had the best time decorating for my little girl. It was something I thought about before I was even pregnant. Since people can see right into the nursery from our entrance, we wanted to keep it from looking too babyish, but friendly enough that she would actually enjoy being in it. Once she was here, it continued to be added to.

The room started as our office, and was beige and orange, so we really had to scrap everything and start over. I had the couch recovered and organized our grown-up books into rainbow order, so they at least appear kid-friendly. I also added in some doo-dads to accent the colors (note the sparkly pink TOMS that I can't wait for her to grow into).

My color inspiration was that amazing dress that Cate Blanchett wore to the Oscars. Pale pale lavender, and pops of bright chartreuse. I picked a wall color that was basically grey but with some purple undertones, and then used chartreuse as the accents. Then, once she was born I started to add more hot pink.

The amazing Johanna Mac, of Austin, took my maternity photos, so those had to be displayed for Sadie to look at. Her daddy also wrote her emails while he was away for work, so I did a nice lay-out and printed it for above the couch. There is also a print from her "first" concert which we went to when I was 8 weeks pregnant, and had to have a souvenir for her.

Next to her crib are a few special items: her foot prints at 3 months, a collage of cards that were written to us, another mat photo and a couple other things I made.

Source List:
• Sadie Banner: Victorian Station
• Banksy print: Davey Knew
• Heart mobile: made myself
• Crib: Oeuf sparrow
• Sheets: made with Liz Scott's Sugar Pop in mod bud chartreuse
• Shag rug, white globes: Crate & Barrel
• Lamp, pillows: CB2
• Curtains, dresser, sidetable and bookshelf: Ikea
• Curtain tie-backs: Anthropologie
• Maternity photos: Johanna Mac
• Paint: Benjamin Moore in Stormy Monday

Thanks Amy!

(Images: Amy W.)

MY ROOM ARCHIVE
SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment