Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Suki's Gem On The Hill House Tour

kitchen.jpg

Name: Suki Kwon
Location: Capitol Hill — Seattle, Washington
Size: 470 square feet
Years lived in: 2 — owned

Suki's unique and quirky Capitol Hill condo in Seattle is bursting at the seams with personality. You can't help but be mesmerized by all the interesting gadgets you find hiding in every little corner. The 1920's building caught her eye over two years ago and she has been completely smitten ever since.

sukis_thumbs.jpg

Suki patiently searched high and low in antique and thrift stores to find the perfect pieces to add to her new home. Being that she only has 470 square feet to work with, every item that makes the cut is extremely special. There are quite a few conversation pieces to be found throughout Suki's darling little home — everything in her house seems to tell a story. One of her prized finds is the church pew that now resides in her living room.

She has done an incredible job making this small space feel light, spacious, airy and fun … enjoy the tour!

Apartment Therapy Survey:

My Style:: It has taken me two years and four months to get my tiny condo finally ready for a House Tour. It proves that my style is patience! It takes me forever to find any object that I truly love. Every shopping experience is like searching for a soul mate.

Inspiration: I am mostly drawn to old, used objects that make you wonder their life story. Therefore, used goods stores, craigslist, ebay, etsy, and garage sales are my muse and inspiration.

Favorite Element: I love the Old World charm of a 1920's building, for example, funky blue-orange bathroom tiles, hard wood floor, glass door knobs, and a built-in eating nook.

Biggest Challenge: The small size has forced me to become more creative with my decor choices in order to avoid clutter and create a comfortable, inviting space. All of my furniture is space-consciouswith clean lines and petite size, but comfortable. I have also tried my best to give each space its own character. I didn't want my studio condo to look like a studio.

What Friends Say: Clean, cozy and cute.

Biggest Embarrassment: The size of my kitchen. I would love to have a 21st century 'hell-yeah' kitchen with lots of counter space and an indoor grill. Have I mentioned I am a total foodie and love to cook?

Proudest DIY: Having a condo has motivated me to paint and be crafty. I first started painting because I couldn't afford to buy any real paintings, but it has now become my favorite pastime. Most of the artwork I have on display is my own. I also made a toilet paper holder out of a retro phone and a kitchen ceiling light fixture out of a colander.

Best Advice: Be patient and be picky.


Resources of Note:

PAINT & COLORS
• Benjamin Moore’s Cushing Green (Dining Room and Kitchen) and Sherwood Green (Living Room). I liked the yellow color in the bedroom, so I kept it.

LIVING ROOM
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams couch and ottoman
• Glow audio’s amplifier and speakers
• First Church’s pew (Craigslist)

DINING ROOM
• Antique dinner table
• Antique chairs
• Eating Nook’s Cushion made by Queen Anne Upholstery

KITCHEN

BEDROOM
• Down to Earth Home bed frame
• Antique Plant Stand
• Restoration Hardware bed sheet set

Thanks, Suki!

Images: Alysha Findley


• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment