Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

[Freddie Mac] Payment Calculator Now Allows For Price Declines

I sent out a twitter post on this last night, but I was so overwhelmed with a sense of irony (or desperate to quench my thirst after that the dry muffin I had for breakfast) that I felt the need to include it here via my morning commuter train ride.

NPR/@planetmoney had a short piece on our burning housing question: Rent Or Buy? Freddie Finally Fixes Calculator.

Until now, the calculator had a fundamental (and revealing) flaw: It assumed home prices could never fall.

The economist who used to work at Freddie Mac, apologized saying:

“I’m sorry that I didn’t send an e-mail or work a little harder to get that fixed so the calculator can allow for the possibility of reality,”

Now apparently, it does…proving once again that it is the little details in life that keep us entertained.

Check it out.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment